For Chrome browser on windows, it can be managed by GSuite. When Deledao extension is pushed to GSuite users, it could be installed in Chrome browser running on windows. In the mean time, Deledao proxy can be installed on Windows to filter content for all browsers on it. Chrome on Windows should only rely on one of them for content filtering, either extension or proxy.
Content Filtering Using Extension
In this case, Chrome needs to be set to avoid using proxy on Windows which can be achieved by going to GSuite admin console:
- Go to Devices -> Chrome -> Settings.
- Find the section “Network”, then change “Proxy mode” to be “Never use a proxy”.
- Restart Chrome to get the new policy.
Content Filtering Using Proxy
In this case, the extension should be set to stop filtering within Chrome, and it can be done through Deledao admin console:
- Log into admin.deledao.com.
- Go to Configuration -> Global Settings.
- Enable the option “Use Chrome extension to filter Chromebooks only”.
- Go to https://static.deledao.com/mobile/diag.html, click “Refresh Policy”.
© Deledao Education