TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Deledao Admin Console Setup
- GSuite Admin Console Extension Deployment
- Google Doc Permissions
Deledao’s extension can easily be deployed to Chromebooks. Please follow the steps provided below.
Deledao Admin Console Setup
- Go to https://admin.deledao.com and log in.
- Go to Configuration tab located at the top and set up your school name and time zone.
- Go to the Identity Provider tab on the left hand side, select GSuite and add your GSuite account.
- Please take a look at the Policy Manager tab located at the top to customize the rule one would like to deploy to one's device(s).
One will first see the Default Rule, which is the rule that will be duplicated whenever one creates a new rule.
The Default Rule is the rule that will be applied when all other rules fail to be applied.
- Press 'Save' at the upper right hand side to apply any changes made to a rule.
- The rule that is listed at the top is the rule that will be applied. If the first rule fails, the next applicable rule in the list will be applied. When all rules fail to apply, the Default Rule will take effect.
- To change the rule order, click on a rule and select the toggle/move arrow icon that will appear on the right side of the selected rule. The Default Rule's location cannot be toggled.
GSuite Admin Console Extension Deployment
- Configure one's firewall and other filtering products to allow traffic to and from *.deledao.com and *.deledao.net.
- Log into G Suite admin console at https://admin.google.com as an administrator.
- Select the menu at the top-left corner. Click on Devices > Chrome > Apps & extensions > Users & browsers.
- Select the OU to deploy the extension.
- Click the yellow plus sign at the bottom right corner and select the second icon from the top.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the Extension ID and URL required to activate Deledao's filters. We will get back to you shortly after confirming your school's registration ID with Deledao.
- Select “From a custom URL” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the URL given after your request to email@example.com.
- Click SAVE.
- Change installation policy to “Force install” for the Deledao extension whose ID is “feah…”.
- Click SAVE button located at the top right area of the screen.
That’s it! Within a few minutes, the extension will be installed onto the Chromebooks.
One can check that on one's Chromebook Chrome browser that the Deledao icon appears in the upper right corner next to the search bar.
For testing Deledao's filters, it is recommended to disable other filtering software to see how Deledao's filters are working. If using Securly simultaneously, Deledao's filters will act as the last line of defense.
Google Doc Permissions
Enable Drive SDK API
3. Go to "Drive SDK" and click "Edit" button
4. Select option "Allow users to access Google Drive with the Drive SDK API"
5. Click "Save"
2. Click "Add New", and enter the following;
- In the "Client ID" field enter ""
- In The "Scope" field enter: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/documents.readonly, and https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.readonly