Under each rule of Policy Manager, an option is provided to configure a custom blocking page URL. It requires:
- The custom blocking page is hosted by customers on their site, instead of Deledao's.
- The following parameters will be appended to the provided blocking page URL and sent by the filter. An example of what is appended to a blocking page URL is:
https://static.deledao.com/default/blockCom.html?site=https://www.google.com/search?q=pacman&oq=pacman&aqs=chrome..69i57j46l2j0j46j0j46j0.1888j0j6&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&category=Games (detected by real-time text analysis)&cname=deledao-test&title=pacman - Google Searchfirstname.lastname@example.org&ou=/&uburl=https://portals.deledao.com/teacher/#/student-signin
The custom blocking page can determine what corresponding info should be presented based their values:
- site: the blocked URL.
- category: the category to which the blocked URL belongs.
- cname: district name (set on admin console).
- title: the title of the blocking page.
- pgroup: either "school" or "classroom" to indicate whether the student is blocked by school or classroom policy.
- vendor: partner name if there is any.
- norc: boolean value to determine whether the link for re-categorization is shown. If the value is true, the re-categorization link is not shown. One common scenario for this is when a blocked site is defined in the blocked list, there is no need to do re-categorization.
- nodwl: boolean value to indicate whether the student has signed in or not.
- allowed: the allowed list for a classroom session to which the student belongs.
There is a set of preserved parameter names in our system which shouldn't be re-defined in the custom blocking page: