TABLE OF CONTENTS
- ActiveInstruct™ Live Classroom Video
- Live Classroom Features
- Student Window Features
- Deledao Live Classroom: Co-Teaching
ActiveInstruct™ Live Classroom Video
Our ActiveInstruct™ feature provides instructors with real-time viewing of a student's browsing session. Instructors can view a students' live screen and their opened tabs. This allows for spot checking access attempts into filtered content and the redirection of students as deemed necessary. To create a classroom please see our ActiveInstruct™ Manage Classroom document.
To start a live classroom either click the play button in the green circle next to the class or click "Start Now".
Live Classroom Features
- Live Tabs - Shows the tabs the student has open.
- All Screens - Shows the students' live screen.
- Change Session - Change the session during a live classroom by clicking the down arrow next to the current session and selecting the session you would like to change to.
- Send to Class - Send a message, website, or bookmark to the whole class which pushes a tab onto every device by entering the message or URL.
- Add Allowed Website - Add websites to the allowed list of the current session in the live classroom.
- Lock Down All - Lock all the students' browsers in the classroom which will show a lockdown screen on the students' screen.
Please see our ActiveInstruct™ Small Groups article for details.
Student Window Features
- Screenshot -
- Send Message - Engage in conversation with students by clicking the dialogue icon in the student's window. The teacher will see the students response in the bottom right of the screen.
[Prerequisite: IT Admin needs to enable Chrome Devices to allow desktop notifications]
- Lockdown Browser - Lockdown an individual student's browser
- Small - Shows all the students' windows in small windows
- Split - Shows the student's live screen and the open tabs
- Full - Shows the student's Live Screen and tabs in a full-screen size within the browser. Other student's status windows will appear below on the same page.
- Remotely close tabs by clicking the 'x' button near the webpages in an individual student's monitoring window
- Open Tab - Open the student's tab in your browser. The student's tab will open in a new tab on the instructor's browser.
[Blocked websites will be highlighted in red in the tabs view.]
Our screen annotation feature allows instructors to display markings on a students browser to guide their attention. This can be done by clicking the annotate icon in the bottom right corner of the student window. After clicking the icon, the instructor will have the option to choose the color and style of the marking.
An instructor will also see alerts in the bottom left corner of the student window.
- Audio/Video Detection - Detects when audio or video is playing. An instructor can view the video being played by clicking the alert.
- Raised hand - Notifies a teacher when a student has a question.
- Idle - Z's will appear at the bottom of the student window when the student is idle
A student can alert a teacher by clicking the Deledao extension in the top right of their browser to either raise their hand or message the instructor.
The teacher will see the notifications on the bottom of the student's window.
Deledao Live Classroom: Co-Teaching
There could be a scenario that a student belongs to more than one classroom created by different teachers, and teachers can start classes at the same time. Co-teaching can support this case by allowing one teacher to request the student be transferred to another classroom's session.
The following is an example of what the co-teaching process looks like:
- Student10 are in both Math and English classes.
- Math teacher starts the class first, and student10 is in the class.
- When English teacher starts the class, she will see the following:
Once English teacher clicks "Apply to all", the student will be in the session assigned the English teacher's classroom.
Student(s) no longer in this class! Pop-up
If you receive a pop-up "Student(s) no longer in this class!", to fix this issue in your Deledao Admin Console under the Configuration tab, click on Identity Provider and "Resync Directory Info". Then go to the Deledao Teacher Admin and re-import from Google Classroom.
© Deledao Education